When it comes to cooking, it’s hard to beat one-pan meals, don’t you agree? We just can’t get enough of easy, breezy seafood dishes, so this month’s Dish on Fish Seafood Supper Club is a simply scrumptious Spicy Sheet-Pan Salmon that everyone is sure to enjoy! Besides being oh-so-simple to prepare, this salmon dish is ready in less than 30 minutes. There’s just no excuse not to have a delicious, healthy dinner when it’s this easy! You can enjoy this salmon straight off the pan, or take things a step further by topping a veggie-packed salad with your fillet. The possibilities are virtually limitless! Now, gather your salmon fillets, spices and sheet pan and let’s start cooking!
Spicy Sheet-Pan Salmon
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. salmon, cut into 4 fillets
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1-2 Tbsp. sriracha
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Coat a baking sheet with ½ tsp. olive oil and place salmon fillets on the pan. Drizzle remaining ½ tsp. olive oil over the top of the salmon.
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey, sriracha and garlic.
- Pour evenly over top of the salmon fillets.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through.
- Salmon requires limited cooking time, no matter how you choose to prepare it. Once you take salmon out of the oven or off the grill, it will continue to cook, so avoid overcooking by factoring in this continued cooking time.
- Use a fork to check if salmon is done cooking. If the fish flakes easily, then you can consider your fillet ready to eat! You can also use a food thermometer to check for doneness. If the internal temperature of the salmon is at least 145° F, it is done cooking.
- Salmon, like tuna, can be enjoyed when it’s still on the rare side in the middle. How rare you choose to enjoy your salmon is completely a matter of personal preference, just make sure to cook to an internal temperature of 145° F.
- The white substance that appears on cooked salmon is a protein called albumin. It is harmless and perfectly fine to eat.
Salmon Health Benefits:
- Omega-3s – Reduce chronic inflammation and lower risk of heart disease.
- Selenium – Boosts bone health, immunity and thyroid function.
- B Vitamins – Protects heart and brain health, controls inflammation and boosts energy production.
- Protein – Protects bones and maintains muscle mass.
- Vitamin D – Protects bones and teeth, boosts immunity and promotes healthy insulin levels.
- Astaxanthin (antioxidant) – Lowers rick of heart disease and boost brain and skin health.
Like this recipe? Share your spicy salmon creations with us on social media, using the hashtag #SeafoodSupperClub. Did you see our last Seafood Supper Club post? Check out the recipe for Honey Garlic Shrimp Skewers here: http://dishonfish.com/featured-dish-seafood-supper-club-honey-garlic-shrimp-skewers/
Just browsing? Save this recipe on Pinterest!