Grilled fish isn’t exclusive to the summer months! Enjoy the flavors year-round with a little help from a grill pan. This specific recipe calls for cod, but you can easily substitute mahi-mahi or tilapia, if you prefer. What kind of fish tacos are your favorite?
Grilled Fish & Avocado Tacos
- 1 lb. cod (mahi-mahi and tilapia also work well)
- 2½ Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2½ Tbsp. lime juice, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 large avocado, cut in half, pit removed
- 6 Tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3-4 cups ready-to-eat broccoli slaw
- ½ jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 8 corn tortillas
- Preheat grill or heat grill pan on medium heat.
- In a large plastic baggie, mix 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 Tbsp. lime juice, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Add cod and mix until fish is coated.
- Grill fish about 3 minutes per side, or until cooked thoroughly.
- Mix ½ Tbsp. olive oil and ½ Tbsp. lemon juice in a small bowl. Rub onto avocado halves and place halves face down on grill. Grill for about 2-3 minutes. Remove and cut in slices.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining oil, lime juice and yogurt. Mix well. Add broccoli slaw, jalapeno and cilantro and combine until coated with yogurt-lime sauce.
- Top corn tortillas with grilled fish, slaw mixture and avocado slices.