Happy National Seafood Month seafoodies! Let’s kick off the annual October seafood celebration with eight cravable seafood recipes that are perfect for family meal times.
The October Meal Plan includes seafood recipes perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner – and snacktime! Start your morning with our original smoky salmon hash in a skillet; or sweet lobster and creamy avocado atop crunchy toast. When midday hungries kick in, we’ve got healthy and satisfying cures: crab salad and tuna wraps. Oysters Rockefeller and spiced cod sliders make perfect apps. And for the main dinner event, you’ll love the flavorful fish soup we’re featuring and our lemon-herb tuna steak and potatoes.
And because we’re sharing our top seafood recipes, we thought it’s the perfect time to also share our favorite ways to celebrate National Seafood Month!
5 Ways to Celebrate National Seafood Month
- Pick up a seafood cookbook: We recommend Chef Barton’s Seaver’s new “The Joy of Seafood,” an all-purpose seafood cookbook with more than 900 seafood recipes featuring a variety of species and techniques
- Order seafood at a restaurant: For those nights when you don’t feel like cooking, venture out into the neighborhood and find a local seafood restaurant or seafood dish somewhere to try. This is also a great opportunity to try a new type of seafood that you normally wouldn’t feel comfortable preparing at home – yet. For dining-out inspiration, check out our Instagram account, where we share seafood dishes from amazing eateries across the country.
- Meet your Fishmonger: Head over to your local fish market or grocery store and talk to the expert behind the counter about all things seafood. They’ve got a wealth of knowledge!
- Host a Seafood Dinner: Gather your Dinner Club, your Inlaws or your Besties and host a seafood brunch or dinner using recipes found on our blog.
- Tell Dish on Fish: Comment on our blog below and share with us how you plan on celebrating National Seafood Month!
Now party on, seafoodies, and get cooking with these amazingly delicious and nutrition-packed seafood recipes!
Smoked Salmon Hash
A zesty blend of juicy salmon, crispy potatoes and colorful peppers served up in a cast iron skillet.
Lobster Avocado Toasts
Sweet lobster meat is the star of this tasty finger food, complemented by creamy avocado, tangy lemon and fiery jalapeños.
This deliciously elegant, yet simple, seafood classic always delights.
Spiced Cod Sliders
Mini handheld sammies packed with flaky spiced cod, bright pops of color and tons of flavor.
Easy Crab Salad
In this low-carb meal, every tender bite of delectable crab is covered with tangy, creamy and salty goodness.
Tuna blended with some crunchiness, creaminess and sweetness, and wrapped in a lettuce and tortilla hug. A satisfying lunch on-the-go.
Cioppino Fish Soup
All your seafood favorites – shrimp, crab, clams, white fish – swimming in a flavorful tomato-based stew. Deliziosa!
Sheet-Pan Lemon Herb Tuna Steak and Potatoes
Thick, heart-healthy tuna steak + tender, seasoned potatoes = A bold and flavorful dinner that’s on the table in 30 minutes.