We hope all you seafoodies are rocking and rolling through January and taking time for yourself and your health! During this busy season, our goal is to help you get in your 2-3 servings of seafood each week, as recommended by the DGA guidelines. One dinnertime dilemma that can get you off-track, though, is being short on time when hunger strikes. And, if you’re like us, meal prep tends to fall to the bottom of the to-do list when you’re busy.
To help with that, we have some ideas for getting meals on the table pronto! These suggestions are easy to use with either fresh or frozen seafood plus pantry staples. You can likely whip these up without a trip to the store!
- Frozen shrimp + frozen broccoli + rice + garlic+ soy sauce = Shrimp & Broccoli Stir-Fry.
- Tuna + black beans + cheddar cheese + tortillas = Tuna Quesadillas. Shelf-stable pouched or canned tuna make this a snap to prepare.
- Anchovies + pasta + lemons + garlic = Lemon-Garlic Scallops with Pasta.
- Frozen salmon + frozen green beans + olives + tomatoes = Sheet-Pan Mediterranean Salmon.
- Smoked salmon + whole wheat bread + avocado + lemon + capers = Salmon Avocado Toast. If you’re feeling brunchy, add a shmear of light cream cheese to this!
- Whitefish + corn + black beans + taco seasoning + cheese + salsa + quinoa + corn chips = Street Taco Fish & Quinoa Bowl: Why order takeout when these pantry and freezer staples can come together to make something just as good – or even better!