Happy Sunday! Last month, we shared with you our favorite recipe for spicy salmon tacos and now we’re back at it again, coming to you this time with THE BEST GRILLED COD FISH TACOS! The all-caps are totally necessary, because these tacos are just that good.
- The combination of the flaky, grilled fish and creamy, smoky avocado is simply unbeatable! It’s light yet satisfying, and it tastes out of this world!
- The entire taco is tied together with a ready-to-eat broccoli slaw, making it an easy recipe to throw together during the week or for a last-minute dinner with friends.
- This recipe is super versatile. Lately, we’ve been reaching for cod to make these tacos, but tilapia and mahi-mahi work well, too.
What’s your favorite type of fish taco?
For more delicious seafood recipes, be sure to subscribe to the Dish on Fish YouTube channel.
Grilled Cod and Avocado Tacos
Servings: 2 (2 tacos each)
- ½ lb. cod
- 1 ¼ Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ¼ Tbsp. lime juice
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 medium avocado, cut in half and pit removed
- 3 Tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2-3 cups ready-to-eat broccoli slaw
- ¼ jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 corn tortillas
- Preheat grill.
- In a large plastic baggie, mix 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 Tbsp. lime juice, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Add cod and mix until the fish is coated.
- Grill fish about 3 minutes per side, or until cooked thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/4 Tbsp. olive oil and 1/4 Tbsp. lime juice. Rub onto avocado halves and place halves facedown on grill. Grill for about 2-3 minutes. Remove and cut halves into slices.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 Tbsp. lime juice and yogurt. Mix well. Add broccoli slaw, jalapeno and cilantro and combine until bowl contents are coated with the yogurt-lime sauce.
- Top corn tortillas with grilled fish, slaw mixture and avocado slices.