Head outdoors, fire up the grill and get ready to add a summery twist to Taco Tuesday!
Yep, we’re talking about seafood tacos – the ultimate summer staple and a fun and tasty way to bring the whole family together. Not only are these grilled shrimp tacos easy to make, they’re a tangy treat to celebrate Dad on Father’s Day.
It’s amazing how just a few simple ingredients – olive oil, lime juice, chili powder and cilantro – blend together perfectly to take these versatile crustaceans to a whole new, delicious level. Wrap the grilled shrimp up in a warm flour or corn tortilla, add some avocado, cheese and hot sauce (if you’re feeling spicy) and you’ve got yourself a scrumptious seafood taco that tastes better with each bite.
We’re big fans of this healthy shrimp taco recipe and know you will be too. Seriously. What’s not to love about tacos? You can even make this summer meal a family affair by working together on the simple prep.
Tip: Shish kebab those shrimpies using metal or wooden skewers soaked in water.
Grilled Shrimp Tacos
Suggested cooking tools: Grill, wooden or metal skewers (if desired), bowl, tongs
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 2-3 Tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lb. medium tail-off shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- Diced avocado or guacamole (for garnish, optional)
- Cotija or feta cheese (for garnish, optional)
- Hot sauce (for garnish, optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder and cilantro until well mixed; add shrimp and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Let marinate in refrigerator for 15 minutes. (Discard unused marinade.)
- Preheat grill to medium. Place shrimp directly on grill (or use metal or soaked wooden skewers); grill for 2-3 minutes per side, until shrimp is pink and thoroughly cooked.
- Warm tortillas on the grill for 1 minute per side. Distribute shrimp evenly among tortillas; garnish with avocado, cheese and hot sauce, if desired. Makes 4 (2-taco) servings.