Happy Tuesday! Today, we’ve got such a delicious recipe to share, it’ll carry you all the way to the weekend! Not only is it bursting with fun fall flavors (thanks to the addition of sage and pecans), it takes just 15 minutes to prepare, making it a welcome addition to your weekly meal plan.
Let us tick off all the reasons this will become a new family favorite. First, your kids will love the crunchiness of the pecans. Second, the mild flavor of white fish is the perfect way to introduce fish to young seafoodies. Finally, mom and dad will love the added boost of nutrition, via the fish and the ground flax meal, which boasts high counts of dietary fiber and omega-3 fatty acids.
For serving, we recommend pairing the fish with quinoa or whole-grain rice and your favorite roasted fall veggie.
We hope you enjoy!
Sage & Pecan Crusted Tilapia
Recipe created in partnership with fANNEtastic Food.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans
- ¼ cup ground flax meal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 4 white fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Using a food processor or large knife, chop 1/2 cup of the pecans until very finely chopped.
- Combine the finely chopped pecans, flax meal, salt and sage in a large, shallow dish.
- Press the fish fillets into the pecan mixture, to coat.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add two of the fish fillets. Don’t worry if the pecans don’t stick to the fish – just push any larger pieces under the fish and press down firmly; they’ll bind better as it cooks.
- Cook the fish for 3-4 minutes on each side, until the pecan mixture is fragrant and the fish flakes easily with a fork. Repeat this process with the remaining olive oil and the two other fish fillets.
- Once all of the fish is cooked and removed from the pan, add the remaining 1/2 cup of roughly chopped pecans to the pan. Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant. Sprinkle the toasted pecans on top of the fish and serve with quinoa (or rice) and roasted veggies.