Happy #SeafoodSunday, Seafoodies!
When it comes to holiday shopping, treat everyone on your list to a seafood-themed gift this year. Inspire the seafood lovers with our gift round-up of treats, tools and gadgets for amazing seafood creations. With so many people spending more time cooking at home now, they’ll love these gifts they can use all year long. And this year, there’s an abundance of choices appropriate for both seasoned chefs and newbies, from specialized spices to handy kitchen tools.
There’s still time to shop for the Seafoodies in your life—and maybe even find something for your own wish list! Here are some of our favorite finds:
1. Fish Roaster—Health-conscious Seafoodies will be thrilled to receive a countertop fish roaster that keeps fish moist, flavorful and low-fat. We love this top-of-the-line Zojirushi Fish Roaster that has a special filter to keep the smoke and odor out of your kitchen. It’s designed to handle whole fish, as well as a variety of meats and vegetables. Plus, with dual heating elements, there’s no need to flip your fish. Just set the timer and go!
2. Gourmet Spice Gift Set—Spice blends and rubs make seafood cooking a cinch, especially for someone who loves to grill! Why not spice up your Seafoodie’s life this year? The Catch of the Day Seafood Seasoning Trio includes three time-saving seasoning blends that are perfect for shrimp, salmon or any other fish! Tuck in a gift card to a local grocery story so they can pick up seafood from the counter or freezer.
3. Oyster Tools—Are there oyster eaters on your list? As most fans of these mouthwatering mollusks know, you need the proper shucking tools! The Toadfish Shucker’s Bundle will help your Seafoodie open oysters like a pro! It includes two oyster knives as well as a cut-proof shucking cloth to make the whole process faster, safer and easier.
4. Fish Spatula—A flexible slotted spatula is a kitchen workhorse! It keeps delicate fish fillets intact while you’re lifting and turning them. We think your Seafoodie will flip over this sleek Open Kitchen by Williams Sonoma Fish Spatula. Not just for fish, this spatula will accommodate grilled sandwiches and other flippable fare, making it the ultimate stocking stuffer!
5. Sushi Kit—For Seafoodies who are ready to roll, we love the idea of a DIY sushi kit! The Global Grub DIY Sushi Kit includes everything your seafood lover needs to make fresh sushi rolls at home: a mat, dry ingredients and detailed instructions. Just add fish!
6. Microwave Steamer—Give the gift of convenience! Microwave steamers are practically an effortless way to get more seafood in your diet. This 1-quart Microwave Fish & Vegetable Steamer Sleeve offers adjustable vent control and is just the right size for one or two portions.
7. Lobster Gram—They say the fastest way to someone’s heart is through the stomach. Bring a little bit of Maine into someone’s kitchen with one of Lobster Gram’s delectably delicious Maine lobster gift baskets. If you’re not sure about which basket to choose, gift cards are available, as well.
8. Gift Card to a Local Seafood-inspired Restaurant—A take-out or delivery seafood meal is a holiday time-saving treat. Give a gift card to one of your favorite restaurants that serves great seafood and add a note with a seafood nudge “Crab cakes are great here!”
9. Curated Seafood Delivery Box—Ship a curated seafood delivery box with choices like salmon filets, ahi tuna, shrimp and more!
10. The Dish on Fish “53 Quick and Easy Dishes” E-cookbook—Email the link to this beautiful, image-filled cookbook with a year’s worth of seafood recipes (psst, it’s a free download). Subject: A Seafood Cookbook for you—Happy Holidays!