This Sunday, we’re recommitting ourselves to relaxing more and stressing less throughout the week. But easier said than done, right? One of the ways we’re going to make it happen is by choosing meals that are low-maintenance and low-mess. Because, especially during the summer, living should be easy, breezy and as calm as can be.
The first foray on our journey to tranquility? The tried-and-true foil packet! Not only does this cooking method allow you to portion out your servings, it’s essentially dish-free, making cleanup an absolute walk in the park. If you’re new to the whole foil packet thing, you’ll love how juicy and flaky the end result will be when you use packets to cook seafood. Plus, cooking in foil, or en papillote, is a great way to seal in flavor and nutrients.
Our grilling recipe below calls for Alaskan Pollock. This fish is known for its mild flavor, so you can easily switch out the veggies and spices that are listed with whatever you have on hand, to suit your family’s preferences!
Parmesan Garlic and Herb Fish Foil Packets
Recipe created in partnership with The Wholesome Dish.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cook Time: 15 mins.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium-sized yellow summer squash
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- ½ tsp. salt, divided
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 lb. Alaskan Pollock fillets (skinless)
- 2 tsp. grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat grill to 375 degrees and lightly oil the grill grates.
- Cut the ends off the zucchinis and then cut the zucchinis in half lengthwise. Cut them again into ¼ inch-thin, half-moon-shaped slices.
- Repeat with yellow summer squash.
- Tear off four pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil, measuring each sheet about 1 ½ feet long. (Instead of heavy-duty foil, could instead use a double layer of regular aluminum foil.)
- Divide the zucchini and yellow squash between the pieces of foil, gathering the squash in the middle of each sheet.
- Take 1 tablespoon of olive oil and drizzle over the squash (dividing the oil between the foil packets).
- Take ¼ teaspoon salt and sprinkle evenly over the squash in the four packets. Do same with 1/8 teaspoon pepper and all the Italian seasoning (1/2 teaspoon). Use your fingers to lightly toss the vegetables in the seasoning.
- Pat the fish dry. Cut the fillets so that no piece is longer than 5 inches in length. Divide the fish pieces among the foil packets, placing the fish on top of the squash piles.
- Brush the fish using the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle fish with remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper. Sprinkle parmesan cheese evenly on top of fish.
- Bring the longest ends of the foil up over the fish and roll long ends together. Then, roll the short ends in, making sealed packets.
- Place packets over indirect heat on the grill. Grill for 15-17 minutes, until fish is 145 degrees.
- Let fish packets cool for five minutes before serving.