We can all agree that easy, flavorful seafood meals are an absolute must during the summer. This grilled Tilapia with Mango Salsa is a simple seafood meal that is a lifesaver when you need to get lunch or dinner on the table quick, fast and in a hurry! Round out this dish with your favorite summer veggies or a small side salad and dinner is served. We have no doubts that this fresh and fruity tilapia will be requested year-round. Bon appétit and enjoy the tilapia with mango salsa!
Tilapia with Mango Salsa
- 1 can (15 oz.) low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- ½ jalapeno, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 4 tilapia fillets (4-6 oz. each)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine first 10 ingredients (black beans through vinegar) to make mango salsa. Set aside while fish cooks.
- Preheat grill.
- In a small bowl, mix chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper. Rub or sprinkle evenly onto tilapia fillets.
- Grill tilapia fillets about 3-5 minutes per side, or until cooked thoroughly. Fish should flake easily when cooked through.
- Top tilapia with salsa.