Happy Thursday, friends!
Today, we’ve got a super-easy comfort food recipe to share. The combination of shrimp, pasta and cheese is one the entire family will love! Plus, it takes just 30 minutes to prepare, meaning you can have it on the table fast, even on your busiest nights.
As we shared in last month’s pasta roundup, recipes like these are good to have on hand when you want to stretch your seafood budget, since you will typically need less protein per serving while still creating a delicious and nutritious meal.
Pro tip: To up the fiber in this recipe, swap out the fettuccine for your family’s favorite whole-grain or whole-wheat pasta.
Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Pasta Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 3/4 lb. fettuccine
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sprinkles of paprika
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Parsley, basil or freshly cracked pepper for garnish, if desired
- Cook all the fettuccine noodles in salted water, according to package instructions, and drain. Do not rinse noodles; this helps the sauce stick to them better.
- Lightly season shrimp with salt, pepper and paprika. Preheat a large skillet to medium-high and add the oil. Once oil is hot, add shrimp in a single layer and cook 1-2 minutes per side, or until fully cooked and no longer translucent. Remove shrimp from pan and place in a separate bowl.
- In same pan, over medium-high heat, add the butter and onion and sauté onion until it’s golden. Stir in garlic and sauté another minute. Stir in the white wine and reduce heat to 25%, scraping the bottom of pan to deglaze it.
- Stir in whipping cream and simmer for 2 minutes. Next, sprinkle the contents in pan with the ⅓ cup Parmesan (or add to taste) and stir until creamy and smooth. Add about ¼ tsp. paprika and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off heat and stir the cooked shrimp and drained (and unrinsed) pasta into the pan.
- Garnish with parsley, basil, extra Parmesan or freshly cracked pepper, if desired.
To check out more of our recipe videos, subscribe to the Dish on Fish YouTube channel here.