Happy Sunday, seafoodies! We’ve got the best Mexican-inspired recipe to share with you today. Not only is it incredibly flavorful – thanks to the addition of salsa, chili powder, ground cumin and bell peppers – it also takes just 25 minutes to pull together, which means you’ll be having a dinnertime fiesta in no time at all.
We also love this recipe because it utilizes Wild Alaska Pollock, a fish known for its mild taste (meaning the entire family will love it) and its affordability (meaning it’s a great choice for your wallet). Additionally, a serving of Wild Alaska Pollock provides more than half of what your body needs daily in vitamin B12, which helps to keep both your nerve cells and your blood cells healthy. It also delivers over 100% of the amount of powerful omega-3 fatty acids you need daily.
We hope you enjoy this great-tasting, budget-friendly and healthy recipe!
Simple Mexican Wild Alaska Pollock Recipe
Pick up these ingredients on your next shopping trip and then head to this MamaGourmand blog for the step-by-step recipe instructions.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bell pepper, any color, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup salsa, mild or medium
- 14-ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 14-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn, frozen or canned
- 1 pound Wild Alaska Pollock (about 4-5 fillets)
- Juice of half a lime
- For serving: cooked rice, tortilla chips, cheese (queso fresco or cheddar), cilantro, sour cream, and additional lime wedges