We love salmon spreads in all their variations—creamy, hot-smoked, tangy or spicy.
Flaky smoked salmon, a handful of fresh ingredients and a food processor is all you need to make a light and tasty appetizer everyone will beg you to share at your next get-together. You can whip up this healthy dip quickly—is there any better kind of appetizer? Bonus tip: Make this dip ahead of your event, allowing more time for the blend of flavors to meld so that it’s even more flavorful (and you’ll have time to mingle with guests instead of prepping this app.)
In addition to being packed with protein and heart-healthy nutrients, you can buy vacuumed-packed smoked salmon at any supermarket. Added bonus? Smoked salmon is ready to eat and can be a staple in your fridge.
Whether it’s dipped with crisp raw veggies, smeared on crackers, warm baguettes or bagels or just straight up eaten with a spoon, this elegant smoked salmon app will be a big hit for everyone!
Smoked Salmon Dip
Suggested cooking tools: Food processor
- 8 oz. plain light cream cheese
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream (or mixture of both); add more yogurt for a thinner consistency
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp. capers
- 2 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp. chives, chopped
- 4 oz. smoked salmon, chopped
- In a food processor, process cream cheese until light and creamy.
- Add yogurt (or sour cream) and next 5 ingredients (through chives); process until combined.
- Add smoked salmon and pulse lightly until desired consistency. Serve with whole grain crackers or vegetable crudités.
Makes approximately 2 cups.