Who doesn’t love a good recipe for sliders? Over the past few years, these bite-size sandwiches have become a summer staple at get-togethers everywhere. They’re easy to prepare for a crowd and they can be dressed up or down, depending on the occasion.
For our new slider recipe, we used budget-friendly canned salmon that’s been seasoned to perfection with dill, red bell pepper and onions on a sweet Hawaiian roll and – oh, my gosh, our mouths are watering just thinking about it. From backyard pool parties to summer soirees, we guarantee this recipe will be a crowd-pleaser!
Party tip: Set up a condiment bar full of all your favorite fixings and let your guests B.Y.O.S (Build Your Own Slider). We’d recommend the classics – tomatoes, lettuce, mayo, and mustard—but let your imagination run wild. Summer might be ending soon, but your creative combinations don’t have to.
Simple Salmon Sliders
- 1 can (14 oz.) salmon, drained
- ¾ cup saltine crackers, roughly crumbled
- Olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 Hawaiian slider buns
- 4 pieces of lettuce
- 4 tomato slices
- Mayo and mustard (and/or other condiments)
- In large bowl, toss salmon and cracker crumbs; set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in skillet and cook onion and red bell pepper until tender.
- Add cooked ingredients to salmon-and-cracker mixture and combine gently.
- Add dill weed, egg and lemon juice and combine gently.
- Form mixture into four patties.
- Add more olive oil to skillet and cook patties on medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Use buns and cooked patties to assemble sliders; add your favorite toppings (e.g., lettuce, tomato) and condiments.