- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken, vegetable or seafood broth
- Pinch of saffron
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound white fish, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (6.5 oz.) can of clams, minced, undrained
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced or stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen sweet green peas, thawed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a paella pan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until onion is starting to turn translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Add garlic; cook about 1-2 minutes.
- Add broth and saffron; add rice and stir until rice is in an even layer in the pot. Bring to a boil, then turn to medium heat and let cook until about half of liquid is absorbed, about 15-20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add shrimp, fish, clams, clam juice and tomatoes and nestle under rice. Cook until seafood is cooked through and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add peas to top and let stand for 5 minutes, or until remaining liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
Suggested cooking tools; Paella pan or Dutch oven
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 50