What six words would we use to describe this next recipe? Well, that’s a no-brainer: Fast, Flavorful, Fun, and Family-Friendly. Simply put, this easy grilled salmon dish is too fantastic not to share. Skewering savory, heart-healthy salmon and vibrant, zesty lemon slices and then coating everything with a delectable garlic-Dijon marinade, this dinner is second to none. Pop your kebabs onto the grill and then kick back and relax with a glass of white wine or iced tea while dinner cooks itself. Drooling yet? We thought so!
This recipe is so delicious, it’s easy to forget that it’s good for you. And it happens to be an easy dish to get your little seafoodies involved in. Kids will delight in stirring and brushing on the marinade and can help thread the lemon and salmon to create the skewers. Dinner is more fun when the family makes it together!
Pro-tip: If you have a challenging or picky eater, get your kids involved in shopping for and making seafood. Let them do age-appropriate tasks like washing the fruit or vegetables, brushing on the marinade, or even just setting the table.
Grilled Salmon Skewers
Servings: 2 each for 2 people
For the skewers:
- 3/4 lb. salmon, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
- 8 (10-inch) bamboo skewers (will use two skewers per serving, with two servings per person)
For the marinade:
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, freshly chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. light olive oil (not extra virgin; pick something with a higher smoke point)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Prep: Soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 1 hour to keep them from catching fire. Preheat grill to medium heat (about 375˚ F).
- In a medium bowl, stir together all of the marinade ingredients.
- Double skewer the salmon and lemon slices, folding them in half and spearing them onto two skewers one at a time. (The double skewer aids in turning the salmon kebobs on the grill.) Brush both sides of skewered salmon with the marinade.
- Oil the grates on the grill, then carefully place salmon skewers onto the hot grill. Grill skewers for 3-4 minutes per side or until salmon is cooked through and opaque.
To check out more of our recipe videos, subscribe to the Dish on Fish YouTube channel here.