If you’re like us, you could enjoy pizza anytime. And we think adding seafood to pizza is the best thing since sliced bread. Our regular readers know how much we love pizza night—Shrimp and Pesto Naan Pizza is one of our faves! Now, just in time for Mother’s Day, we are introducing a new Dish on Fish recipe for a Breakfast Pizza with Smoked Salmon! This recipe is special enough for a knock-her-socks-off Mother’s Day breakfast or festive brunch. But it’s also so easy that it might inspire you to make pizza morning a new family tradition!
This recipe is a home-baked, protein-packed breakfast pizza with savory fillings and a crispy crust. Our new breakfast pizza is bursting with flavor. It’s topped with smoked salmon and loaded with veggies, two cheeses and fresh basil—everything you love in a breakfast-friendly pizza package!
Breakfast is a snap when you start with refrigerated pizza dough (it presses out more smoothly if you have time to bring it to room temperature). Top the dough with a mix of eggs, cheeses and tomato-arugula confetti, and bake until set. Then add the smoked salmon, basil and some additional feta for good measure. All that’s left to do is pour the mimosas!
Smoked salmon is one of our go-tos whenever we want to make breakfast extra-special. In addition to lending a smoky, smooth taste, it provides a much-appreciated protein boost, plus mood-elevating omega-3 fatty acids and other essential nutrients by the boatload. What an awesome way to start the day!
Pro tip: If time allows, let the eggs sit out for about 15 minutes before using. They will be fluffier!
Breakfast Pizza with Smoked Salmon
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 (12-inch) refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups baby arugula, sliced into strips
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled, divided
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup mozzarella, shredded
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, cut into thick strips
- ¼ cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Sprinkle baking or pizza pan with cornmeal, then top with dough and shape, pressing out dough to perimeter of pan and creating an edge. Brush dough with olive oil.
- Lightly spray skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Whisk eggs, milk, oregano, salt and pepper; then pour into pan. Cook eggs until just about to set (should still wiggle slightly). Pour onto pizza crust, and top with arugula, ¼ cup feta cheese, tomato slices and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until eggs are set; let cool about 2 minutes. Top with smoked salmon, basil and remaining feta cheese.
Baking sheet or pizza pan, skillet, spatula, whisk, knife, cutting board