It’s not a proper pizza night until you add shrimp to those cheesy pies! In our second recipe video of the year, we’re showing you why this is the secret pizza ingredient you might be missing out on. This Shrimp and Pesto Naan Pizza goes above and beyond traditional flavors, while remaining simple to make. The naan bread, in lieu of standard pizza dough, is a novel starting point and easy to find in store, while the pesto and shrimp provide a zesty taste in each bite. No matter whether you serve this seafood pizza in front of the TV for a Friday night movie or around the table for an easy weekend lunch, be prepared for this recipe to become a household favorite. Bon appétit!
Shrimp and Pesto Naan Pizza
1/2 tsp. olive oil
8-11 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 pieces whole-wheat naan bread
1/4 cup prepared pesto
1 roasted red bell pepper, cut into strips
2 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
2 oz. grated Parmesan
4 basil leaves, thinly sliced into ribbons
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- While oven is heating, sauté shrimp in olive oil in a medium pan for about 2 minutes per side, or until fully cooked.
- Place naan pieces on large baking sheet and top evenly with pesto, sautéed shrimp, roasted pepper strips, mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake until bread is golden brown around edges and cheese is melted, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle basil ribbons on top of pizzas.
- Transfer pizzas to a cutting board and let cool for 5 minutes.