If you have been assigned the “dip or appetizer” category for the holiday party – we have the perfect recipe for you. Our addictive smoked salmon dip is the real deal! With some ready-to-eat smoked salmon, a few staples and a food processor, you can whip up this crowd-pleasing snack in no time. Plus this savory dip allows you to make-ahead and mingle.
Smoked salmon is easy to pick up at the grocery and we bet you already have most of the remaining ingredients on hand. Toss the salmon, a swirl of creamy ingredients, fresh and tangy seasonings and a jolt of heat into the food processor and voila! You can whip when friends drop by, or make ahead and let the flavors meld for tomorrow’s party.
In addition to being silky-smooth delicious, smoked salmon adds instant elegance to any dish. It also offers plenty of protein, heart-healthy omega-3s, plus important nutrients like vitamin B-12, vitamin D and selenium. It keeps unopened for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator, just waiting for your next impromptu party. And while it’s a delicacy, a little goes a long way. If you have any leftover salmon, it makes a welcome addition to your bagel, omelet or avocado toast the next day.
Trust us – this dip is delicious and you’ll definitely want to add it to your holiday menu!
Smoked Salmon Dip
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 8 ounces plain light cream cheese
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream (or mixture of both); add more yogurt for a thinner consistency
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- In a food processor, process cream cheese until light and creamy.
- Add yogurt (or sour cream) and next 5 ingredients (through chives); process until combined.
- Add smoked salmon and pulse lightly until desired consistency. Serve with whole grain crackers or vegetable crudités.