If you’ve been designated as the “dip or appetizer” master for your upcoming holiday shindig, don’t panic. We’ve got your back with an out-of-this-world delicious recipe that’s sure to be a hit at any gathering!
Our addictive smoked salmon dip is the real deal, and it’s a breeze to whip up. With some store-bought smoked salmon, a handful of kitchen staples and a trusty food processor, you’ll have this crowd-pleasing snack ready in no time. Plus, the best part is that you can prepare it in advance, allowing you more time to mingle and enjoy the festivities.
Grabbing some smoked salmon from the grocery store is a cinch, and we’re willing to bet you’ve already got most of the other ingredients hanging out in your kitchen. Just toss the salmon, a swirl of creamy Greek yogurt or sour cream, some fresh and tangy seasonings and a pinch of heat into the food processor, and voila! You can whip it up on the spot when friends drop by unexpectedly or get ahead of the game and let those flavors mingle for your next Thanksgiving or holiday bash.
Now, aside from being wonderfully smooth and delicious, smoked salmon adds an instant touch of elegance to any dish. It’s also a nutritional powerhouse, packing in protein, heart-healthy omega-3s and essential nutrients like vitamin B-12, vitamin D and selenium. Plus, it keeps for up to three weeks in the refrigerator when unopened (or by the expiration date), patiently waiting for your next impromptu gathering. And if, by some miracle, you happen to have any leftovers, it makes for a fantastic addition to your morning bagel, omelet or avocado toast.
Take our word for it—this dip is downright delectable, and it’s a must-add to your holiday menu. Your guests will be singing your seafood praises!Print
- 8 ounces plain light cream cheese
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream (or mixture of both); add more yogurt for a thinner consistency
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- In a food processor, process cream cheese until light and creamy.
- Add yogurt (or sour cream) and next 5 ingredients (through chives); process until combined.
- Add smoked salmon and pulse lightly until desired consistency. Serve with whole grain crackers or vegetable crudités.
Recommended Utensils; Food processor
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Salmon
Keywords: Salmon, Salmon Recipe, Smoked Salmon Dip