Sliders are always fun as a hand-held and customizable dish, making them a fan favorite at parties and gatherings year-round. Of course, we really love seafood sliders. In this season of giving, we’ve partnered with our friends at Open Blue to create a Cobia Slider recipe – perfect for holiday gatherings. But what’s really special about this recipe is that it’s part of a campaign to place more seafood meals in food pantries across the country via SeaShare – a cause near to us. SeaShare places seafood into food banks, pantries and shelters across America throughout the year.
For every “like” and “share” of Open Blue Cobia’s Facebook posts featuring the hashtag #SeaShareTheMagic, Open Blue Cobia will donate $1 to SeaShare up to $2,500. To help support the cause and spread holiday cheer, head on over to Open Blue Cobia’s Facebook page!
Now back to this mouthwatering Cobia Slider recipe. This really is perfect for the buffet table, a tree-decorating supper or lunch with the neighbors. Cobia is a sweet, rich white fish that’s packed full of flavor and protein. And Open Blue’s cobia finder makes it easy to find Cobia near you (isn’t this a cool tool?!). Enjoy!
Serving size: 8 sliders
For the sliders
Cooking spray for grill
1 lb. (16 oz.) cobia, divided into 8 fillets (approximately 2 oz. each)
8 slider rolls
Sliced Colby or cheddar cheese
8 slices red onion
For the marinade
1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp. salt
Pinch of black pepper
1 Tbsp. light olive oil or canola oil (these deliver a higher smoke point)
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Lightly cover the 8 cobia fillets on a plate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the marinade ingredients; brush both sides of each fish fillet with the marinade.
- Apply cooking spray to grill grates; heat grill to medium-high.
- Grill fish for 10-12 minutes, flipping each fillet with a spatula halfway through.
- Continue cooking for an additional 5-6 minutes, or until cobia is opaque and flaky and cooked thoroughly. If you are adding cheese, add it to top of the fillets in the final minute of cooking.
- To serve, place each fillet on a slider roll and garnish with cheese, lettuce and an onion slice.