Hello, fellow seafoodies!
Summer evenings are made for bike rides and porch swings, so we are looking for ways to get you in and out of the kitchen fast; while still enjoying a healthy and satisfying dinner. That’s why this quick Mango Chipotle BBQ Salmon recipe is such a winner – it may just help ease your load tonight.
This BBQ salmon recipe takes tasty baked salmon up a notch, simply by topping it with a finger-licking-good, spicy-sweet mango chipotle barbecue sauce that you can whip up in a snap. What’s even better, the entire meal requires just one baking sheet and a food processor, which makes cleanup a breeze.
Moms will love this nutritious BBQ salmon dish because it’s rich in bone-boosting vitamin D, as well as the omega-3s that are critical for a healthy brain and heart. High in protein, salmon is great for growing (and always-hungry) children.
This quick, one-pan baked BBQ salmon is a best bet for satisfying the whole family tonight. Ready in less than 30 minutes, the meal comes together effortlessly, so you get to enjoy an easygoing evening while your delicious fish dinner bakes.Print
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Chopped mango and green onions for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9 x 13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place the salmon in the pan, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15-17 minutes, until the salmon is opaque in the center. (I like to remove the aluminum foil the last few minutes of baking, to brown the tops of the salmon.)
- While the salmon is baking, place mango, garlic, chipotle peppers, ketchup, brown sugar, and rice wine vinegar in a food processor. Pulse until sauce is smooth.
- Spread about 1-2 tablespoons of sauce over each baked salmon. Garnish with chopped mango and green onions, if desired.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15