Happy Sunday! As we discussed earlier in our meal plan, October is National Seafood Month, but did you know it’s also home to a day that celebrates one of our favorite fishes? National Salmon Day is tomorrow, October 8th. Celebrate with us by trying this new Mango Chipotle BBQ Salmon sheet-pan recipe.
For this recipe, we’ve enhanced a simple baked salmon with a most-delicious, finger-licking-good, spicy-sweet mango chipotle barbecue sauce. It’s proof that summer barbecue season never has to end. Additionally, since the sauce, chopped mango and green onions go on the fish at the very end of the instructions, you can make each fillet according to personal preference. This dish is also rich in bone-boosting vitamin D and omega-3s, which are critical for a healthy brain and heart. Customizable healthy dinners are always a win in our book!
We hope you enjoy.
Mango Chipotle BBQ Salmon
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Chopped mango and green onions for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9 x 13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place the salmon in the pan, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15-17 minutes, until the salmon is opaque in the center. (I like to remove the aluminum foil the last few minutes of baking, to brown the tops of the salmon.)
- While the salmon is baking, place mango, garlic, chipotle peppers, ketchup, brown sugar, and rice wine vinegar in a food processor. Pulse until sauce is smooth.
- Spread about 1-2 tablespoons of sauce over each baked salmon. Garnish with chopped mango and green onions, if desired.
- Salt and pepper to taste.