Here’s a brand-new Dish on Fish Seafood Supper Club recipe for those days when you ask, “Should we grill out tonight?” (Are there really any summer days that don’t make us think about grilling out?) Introducing our Grilled Shrimp with Lemon Butter Pasta. Shrimp, like all seafood, is plentiful across the country all summer. We promise, between the amazing flavor profile and quick cook time, it’ll become a staple in your mealtime repertoire. We’ve combined flavorful grilled shrimp, pasta and a lemon-butter sauce that perfectly complements the dish.
This easy-to-follow recipe is a one pot recipe that will be on the table in under 30 minutes. Not only is this dish a fun addition to your weekly meals, shrimp is also packed with protein, low in calories and provides more than 20 vitamins and minerals! In fact, a 3-ounce serving of shrimp provides nearly 20 grams of protein and contains only 85 calories. Plus, shrimp boasts omega-3 fatty acids and the antioxidant selenium, both of which boost heart health and help to reduce chronic inflammation. It’s no wonder the Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend at least 2 to 3 servings of seafood—including shrimp—weekly.
So… there’s nothing stopping you now! It’s time to turn up the grill and raid the spice pantry because this Grilled Shrimp with Lemon Butter Pasta is a must-try. Cook along with us tonight!Print
Ingredients – Grilled Shrimp & Pasta
- 1 ¼ lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 oz. whole-grain spaghetti or fettucine
- 1 tsp. olive oil, divided
- ½ lemon
Ingredients – Lemon-Garlic Sauce
- 1 lemon, halved (plus zest from the whole lemon)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions. While pasta is cooking, begin preparing and cooking shrimp skewers. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Thread shrimp onto metal skewers (or bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water for 30 minutes minimum). Brush shrimp with olive oil, squeeze juice from half of one lemon onto shrimp, then season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Place skewers onto grill and cook for about 3-5 minutes; then turn skewers over and cook for another 3-5 minutes, until shrimp is cooked through (shrimp should be pink and opaque).
- While shrimp are cooking, prepare pasta sauce by placing juice from remaining lemon, plus the lemon zest and all other remaining ingredients, into small pot. Heat pot over medium-low heat until butter melts (about 2 minutes). Toss pasta with lemon-garlic sauce and serve alongside grilled shrimp.
- Suggested accompaniment: wilted arugula
- Suggested cooking tools: grill, metal or bamboo skewers, large pot for cooking pasta, small pot for making dipping sauce, cutting board, knife, basting brush
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Shrimp