Happy Sunday seafood lovers!
Grilled fish isn’t exclusive to the summer months! Enjoy the flavors year-round with a little help from a grill pan. This specific recipe calls for cod, but you can easily substitute mahi-mahi or tilapia, if you prefer. What kind of fish tacos are your favorite?
What’s your favorite type of fish taco?
For more delicious seafood recipes, be sure to subscribe to the Dish on Fish YouTube channel.
Grilled Fish & Avocado Tacos
- 1 lb. cod (mahi-mahi and tilapia also work well)
- 2½ Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2½ Tbsp. lime juice, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 large avocado, cut in half, pit removed
- 6 Tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3-4 cups ready-to-eat broccoli slaw
- ½ jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 8 corn tortillas
- Preheat grill or heat grill pan on medium heat.
- In a large plastic baggie, mix 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 Tbsp. lime juice, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Add cod and mix until fish is coated.
- Grill fish about 3 minutes per side, or until cooked thoroughly.
- Mix ½ Tbsp. olive oil and ½ Tbsp. lemon juice in a small bowl. Rub onto avocado halves and place halves face down on grill. Grill for about 2-3 minutes. Remove and cut in slices.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining oil, lime juice and yogurt. Mix well. Add broccoli slaw, jalapeno and cilantro and combine until coated with yogurt-lime sauce.
- Top corn tortillas with grilled fish, slaw mixture and avocado slices.