Happy Sunday, friends!
If you’re anything like us, today you’re busy prepping for the busy week ahead. We are beyond excited about having all our family and friends around for a delicious Thanksgiving meal later this week. (Side note: If you haven’t already, make sure you check out our seafood side dish post, to help you add a bit of the coast to your menu this Thursday.)
Traditionally, Thanksgiving is seen as the kickoff to the holiday entertaining season. With that in mind, we wanted to share an easy appetizer recipe that you can serve all season long!
With their starry shape and scrumptious filling, these Crab Salad Stuffed Wonton Cups are an elegant addition to any holiday appetizer spread. They take just 10 minutes to prepare and you can whip up the filling in advance, if needed. We’ll call that a holiday entertaining WIN, for sure.
Crab is also a perfect option for this time of year. It’s low in calories but rich in flavor, making it a nice balance to the heavier, more-indulgent foods that we all love to serve around the holidays.
We hope you enjoy this new recipe. As this is our last post for the week, we want to wish each and every one of you a Happy Thanksgiving! We are so thankful for each one of you.
Crab Salad Stuffed Wonton Cups
Recipe created in partnership with The Wholesome Dish
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 8 ounces lump crab meat, picked through to remove any shells
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat a standard 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Lay one wonton wrapper on a flat surface. Place a second wonton wrapper on top of it, staggering the corners of the two wrappers so the result looks like an 8-sided star. Push the combined wonton wrappers into a cup in the muffin tin. Repeat with the remaining wrappers. Spray the tops of the wonton wrappers with more cooking spray.
- Bake the unfilled wonton cups for 10 minutes. Cool completely. Store the unfilled cups in a sealed container at room temperature for up to one day, until ready to serve.
- To prepare the crab salad, mix together in a medium bowl the mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, black pepper and dill. Whisk until well combined. Add the crab meat and green onion and stir gently. Store the crab salad in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to serve (store for up to one day maximum).
- To serve, fill the wonton cups with the crab salad.