This dish is easy to make. It’s full of fresh ingredients. And, it’s sure to please even the pickiest of palates. Seriously, this crab salad recipe is so simple and tasty, it may just become your new pantry-recipe hack! Ready in minutes with ingredients easily found in your fridge (such as canned crab meat) and pantry, this savory salad makes for the perfect shareable snack or today’s quick and satisfying lunch.
Pasteurized crab meat is a great meal starter to have on hand for an anytime seafood meal. It imparts a naturally sweet taste and pairs well with so many other staples, like eggs and pasta.
Our new recipe has so much going for it! Crab is king here, but then we add avocado, artichoke, red pepper and onion for lots of fresh flavors. Not only is crab delicious, it is rich in important nutrients – like the antioxidant selenium – that boosts immunity.
Another benefit? This dish is perfect for leftovers (If there are any!) Or, you can double up on the recipe to be sure you have enough left over for tomorrow’s lunch. Pro tip: If you want a creamier salad, mash the avocado and then add it. We like a scoop of this salad over kale, stuffed into a pita pocket or served as a dip with crackers and veggies. Enjoy!
- 12 oz. canned lump crabmeat, rinsed and drained well
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 large avocado, diced or mashed
- ½ red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients except the salt and pepper and mix well. (For a creamy crab salad, you can use a food processor to mix.)
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with crackers and veggies, atop mixed greens, or sandwiched between two slices of wheat bread.