Always a fun take on the traditional burger, sliders are easy to prepare for a crowd and they can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. We have put on our creative caps and crafted a slider recipe that uses one of our favorite seafood species—salmon! While this fish is loaded with healthy nutrients not readily found naturally in other foods—essential omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D—that’s not the only reason guests will be grabbing an extra slider (or two). The combination of bold ingredients like dill and red pepper, paired with the taste of salmon, give this dish an explosion of color, texture and (we think, best of all) flavor.
Sliders can be extremely versatile, making them perfect for feeding family, friends or guests. Whether you’re cooking a weeknight dinner at home, throwing a party or looking for a nutritional bite on-the-go, Salmon Slicers are a hit!
PS -These sliders are easy-to-make and even easier to share; making them perfect for every occasion! Ready to take a bite?
Simple Salmon Sliders
- 1 can (14 oz.) salmon, drained
- ¾ cup saltine crackers, roughly crumbled
- Olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 Hawaiian slider buns
- 4 pieces of lettuce
- 4 tomato slices
- Mayo and mustard (and/or other condiments)
- In a large bowl, toss salmon and cracker crumbs; set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in skillet and cook onion and red bell pepper until tender.
- Add cooked ingredients to the salmon-and-cracker mixture and combine gently.
- Add dill weed, egg and lemon juice and combine gently.
- Form mixture into four patties.
- Add more olive oil to skillet and cook patties on medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Use buns and cooked patties to assemble sliders; add your favorite toppings (e.g., lettuce, tomato) and condiments.