Happy Sunday, friends! Today we’re sharing a five-star restaurant-worthy salmon recipe that that is easy to throw together on Sunday and have leftovers for Monday! Citrus, garlic and parsley blend flawlessly in this flavored butter. Bake it into a salmon filet with asparagus and you’ll swear you’ve gone straight to flavor heaven.
We love this type of meal because it’s a great way to treat your family to something extra special without spending tons of time in the kitchen. If you can believe it, the entire recipe takes just 25 minutes!
And, you can feel great about serving this dish because both asparagus and salmon are bursting with good-for-you nutrients. Salmon is rich in omega-3s for brain and heart health and vitamin D for bone health. Asparagus boasts high amounts of vitamin K for bone health, dietary fiber and antioxidants. And thanks to two important nutrients for pregnancy—omega-3s from salmon and folate from asparagus—this dish is a no-brainer for mamas-to-be.
We hope you enjoy!
One-Pan Salmon and Asparagus with Garlic Herb Butter
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: 15 mins.
For the salmon and asparagus:
- 1 ½ to 2 lbs. salmon filet
- 2 bunches (2 lbs.) asparagus
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, to drizzle over asparagus
- ½ large lemon, sliced into rings for garnish
For the flavored butter:
- 8 Tbsp. (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (from ½ large lemon)
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with oven rack in top third of oven. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and trim paper so the edges fit within the pan. (Otherwise, the edges can char in the oven, especially when broiling.)
- In small bowl, mash and stir together all flavored butter ingredients, until lemon juice is incorporated into the butter. It will take a couple minutes, but it will come together. Then set butter mixture aside.
- Place salmon filet skin-side-down in the center of baking sheet.
- Rinse asparagus and break off fibrous ends of each stem by holding the base end and breaking the stem wherever it snaps. Arrange asparagus around salmon and drizzle asparagus lightly with olive oil. Roll asparagus to finish coating lightly in oil and sprinkle both the asparagus and the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Spoon and spread ¾ of herb butter mixture over salmon. Dot asparagus with remaining butter. Scatter slices of lemon over salmon and asparagus and bake all at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes; then broil on high for 2-3 minutes, to give salmon a golden glow. Bake until salmon is flaky and cooked through.