We’ve all been there.
The alarm goes off and you hit snooze once, or maybe twice. Suddenly, you open your eyes and discover you have five minutes to get out the door with no time to make breakfasts. That’s no way to start your day! But don’t fear. We’ve come up with the solution to your morning struggles.
Morning hack: Set aside just 30 minutes on Sunday to meal prep these protein-packed Egg & Crab Muffins and you’ll be able to enjoy an easy, filling breakfast each day of the week. Say goodbye to the five-minute door dash and hello to some much-deserved sleeping in!
The protein from the egg and the crab will give you that much-needed jump start to your day and help you stay full and focused throughout your morning. You may not be a morning person but, with these bites by your side, you can fake it till you make it.
As always, we hope you enjoy!
Interested in some lunch or dinner meal preps? Check out a few of our favorites here.Print
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ½ lb. fresh lump crabmeat, drained well
- ½ tsp. oregano or Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat; add onion, garlic and red bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- While vegetables are cooking, whisk eggs and egg whites together in a medium bowl. Add cottage cheese and crabmeat; stir until well combined. Add cooked vegetables, oregano, salt and black pepper to egg-and-crab mixture; mix well.
- Spray muffin pan with nonstick spray. Fill muffin cups about half full with egg-and-crab mixture. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Category: Crab
Keywords: Crab, Crab Recipes, Easy Egg & Crab Muffins