If you don’t think it’s too soon to talk about everything … then come sit next to us! It’s the season of cozy sweaters, pumpkin-spiced everything and the unmistakable aroma of…..maple syrup! Whether poured on pancakes, as a sugar substitute or drizzled over vanilla ice cream, maple syrup is one of our favorite autumn flavors. This liquid gold has long been associated with yummy meals, adding a touch of sweetness and warmth to crowd-favorite dishes.
In honor of this beloved seasonal treasure, we embarked on a culinary adventure to create a salmon dish that would be elevated by the delightful flavors of this sticky-sweet treat. But with one catch—it had to be easy enough to make on a busy weeknight! Hence, our Air Fryer Maple-Glazed Salmon with Brussels Sprouts recipe was born—a delightful combo of classic flavor and modern convenience that will tantalize your taste buds in just 20 minutes.
The true secret of this easy air fryer salmon recipe lies within the extraordinary sauce, combining the perfect balance of spicy sriracha, savory soy sauce and, of course, sweet maple syrup. With the help of an air fryer, the salmon becomes beautifully caramelized with a tender, flaky texture. Meanwhile, the Brussels sprouts undergo a miraculous transformation, turning irresistibly golden brown and delightfully crispy. The result is a delicious harmony of flavors and textures that will leave you in awe of your culinary skills!
Still not convinced about this mouth-watering maple-glazed salmon recipe? Well, here’s the icing on the cake (or, rather, the glaze on the salmon)—you can cook the entire meal in your trusty air fryer! Not only does it result in deliciously caramelized salmon and crispy Brussels sprouts, but it also means fewer dishes to wash after indulging in this delightful feast. Pro tip: we recommend using a disposable liner in your air fryer if you want to make cleanup even easier!Print
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce or tamari (for gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea or kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 2.5 – 3 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- Preheat air fryer at 400 F degrees for 10 minutes. Spray air fryer with olive oil; set aside.
- While air fryer is preheating, combine maple syrup, soy sauce or tamari, sriracha, garlic, ¼ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of pepper and paprika in a small bowl; mix well to combine. Place salmon in a baking dish or bowl, brush half of olive oil (1 teaspoon) onto salmon fillets and pour half of maple glaze mixture onto salmon. Set salmon aside to marinate.
- In a medium bowl, toss remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper with Brussels sprouts; toss well to coat sprouts. Place Brussels sprouts in preheated air fryer and cook at 400 F degrees for 5 minutes. Then, turn Brussels sprouts using a spatula, push to sides of air fryer and add salmon fillets in middle (leave some space between fillets, if possible). Cook salmon and Brussels sprouts at 400 F degrees for about 8 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily and Brussles sprouts are golden brown and crispy. Divide salmon and Brussels sprouts evenly amongst 4 plates, then drizzle remaining maple glaze over both.
Recommended equipment: air fryer, small bowl, medium bowl or baking dish, spatula
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15