Seafood meals are some of the easiest, most-flavorful dishes you can make! Whether it’s a simple salad topped with shrimp or a one-pan salmon dinner, we are always celebrating seafood for its simplicity and taste. This year we’ve amped up the excitement by turning four of our favorite recipes into short videos you can follow whenever you’re craving seafood. To kick off our video series of seafood eats, we’re cooking up Grilled Cod and Avocado Tacos! If you have some whitefish, tortillas and a few of your favorite taco toppings on hand, this recipe is for you. Whether you’re looking for a new Taco Tuesday fixation or simply want fresh grilling inspiration, we know these tacos will become a fast favorite. Enjoy!
For more delicious seafood recipes, be sure to subscribe to the Dish on Fish YouTube channel.
Grilled Cod and Avocado Tacos
Servings: 2 (2 tacos each)
½ lb. cod
1 ¼ Tbsp. olive oil
1 ¼ Tbsp. lime juice
½ clove garlic, minced
½ tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. ground cumin
1 medium avocado, cut in half and pit removed
3 Tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
2-3 cups ready-to-eat broccoli slaw
¼ jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
4 corn tortillas
- Preheat grill.
- In a large plastic baggie, mix 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 Tbsp. lime juice, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Add cod and mix until the fish is coated.
- Grill fish about 3 minutes per side, or until cooked thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/4 Tbsp. olive oil and 1/4 Tbsp. lime juice. Rub onto avocado halves and place halves facedown on grill. Grill for about 2-3 minutes. Remove and cut halves into slices.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 Tbsp. lime juice and yogurt. Mix well. Add broccoli slaw, jalapeno and cilantro and combine until bowl contents are coated with the yogurt-lime sauce.
- Top corn tortillas with grilled fish, slaw mixture and avocado slices.